SWINGATE DESIGN LTD PRIVACY STATEMENT
We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Importantly, (i) where we use the term “client” we are referring to the entity in contract with us to use the Swingate Design LTD services; (ii) where we use the term “you” we are referring to visitors to our website https://www.swingatedesign.co.uk/ or clients using the Swingate Design LTD services; (iii) where we use the term “end-user” we are referring to individual users of a client, and; where we use the term “contact” we are referring to a person contacted through your use of the Swingate Design LTD services, someone that you may contact in the future using the Swingate Design LTD services, or any individual whose information you provide to us in your use of the Swingate Design LTD service.
1.Who we are
Established in 1997, Swingate Design LTD is an independent, full-service creative and marketing agency who collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you.
Data controller details:
Swingate Design LTD,
Arena Business Centres,
We are committed to protecting your privacy.
This Policy indicates the type of processes that may result in data being collected about you. Your use of this website gives us the right to collect that information.
In the United Kingdom and across Europe, when we do so we are regulated under the Data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulation and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
In connection with personal data provided through your use of the Swingate Design LTD website and other services that we provide, we are a ‘processor’ for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation.
Our representative within the United Kingdom is Swingate Design LTD.
2. The personal information we collect and use
Information you provide voluntarily
Information we automatically collect
Information from elsewhere
Swingate Design LTD may obtain information about you or end-users from third parties, such as public databases, social media platforms, third party data providers and our marketing partners. Examples of the information we may receive from other sources include device information (e.g. IP address and browser), location, behavioural data and demographic information. We may use this information, alone or in combination with other information described above, to develop or provide more relevant platform features or services (e.g. social media data of end-users allowing you to send more relevant content) or provide more relevant marketing and content to you.
Public information and third-party sites
Swingate Design LTD websites include social media features (either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website), which may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting. The feature may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. We also maintain a presence on social media platforms including LinkedIn. Your interactions with these platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them. Anything you submit to Swingate Design LTD via a social media platform is done so at your own risk without any expectation of privacy.
Further, any comments or information you supply on any LinkedIn post or blog that Swingate Design LTD operates can be read, used or collected by anyone. If your information appears and you want it removed, contact us at: [email protected]
How we use personal information
We use and disclose personal information to:
- Supply, improve and support the services we provide (this includes using the data you provide to use the Swingate Design LTD website and sharing this with third parties to improve the services that we provide).
- Send you information and promotional content (you can amend your marketing preferences in our preference centre or stop receiving messages by unsubscribing).
- Promote our services to you (e.g. when we collect your personal information on our website, we may contact you further to invite you to use our platform).
- Perform the obligations of our contract with you or applicable law (e.g. to enforce our terms, communicate with you and provide support).
- Protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized or illegal activity.
- Fulfil requests that you may make.
- Bill you (e.g. to send you invoices, process payment, notices). Note that we use third parties for secure credit card transaction processing, and we send billing information to those third parties to process your orders and credit card payments.
- Bring or defend legal proceedings, meet legal requirements (e.g. complying with court orders, enforcement actions, or other legally valid mechanisms) or respond to lawful requests by public authorities or law enforcement requests.
- Provide information to our professional advisors.
Further to the uses described above, we may aggregate and/or de-identify any information that we collect, such that the information no longer identifies any specific individual. We may use, disclose and otherwise process such information for our own legitimate business purposes without restriction. We may transfer personal information of you or your end-users to companies that help us promote, provide, or support our platform or other services that we provide. We may partner with and use various third-party software and services, including analytics services, to help understand your usage of our products and services. In particular, we provide a limited amount of your information (such as your email address and sign-up date) to select third-party services to collect data for analytics purposes when you visit our website or use our products and services.
This allows Swingate Design LTD to monitor your use of our website, products and services and tracks our relationship so that we can improve our service to you. We may also use these third-party services for communications, either through email, or through messages within our products and services. These third-party services may collect publicly available contact and social information related to you, such as your name, email address, gender, company, job title, photos, website URLs, social network handles and physical addresses, to enhance your user experience.
We may disclose personal information to advertising partners, networks and exchanges to display advertising on our website or to manage and serve our advertising on other sites and may share personal information with them for this purpose. All third-parties with which we share this information are required to use your Personal Information in a manner that is consistent with this policy. This may include using cookies and similar tracking technologies (e.g. pixels and web beacons) to analyse behaviour, track movements around the website, provide targeted advertisements, and gather demographic information.
For details about how we engage third parties when we process your contact or end-user data when you use our platform and services, please contact us.
How long your personal information will be kept
In providing services to you, we will hold personal information for as long as are providing you the services for or in order to comply with our legal obligations, enforce the terms of our contracts, resolve disputes or prevent abuse. Otherwise, we only hold personal information for as long as is necessary.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
In relation to clients, the lawful basis for which we rely on to collect and process your data is typically performance of our contractual obligations.
If you are not a Swingate Design LTD client, we rely on legitimate interest as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data in relation to contacting you further in certain situations. Our legitimate interests are usually to provide individuals representing a business with details of our products or services through B2B direct marketing. If you are an individual, the basis on which we collect and use your personal data to contact you is often consent.
If you have any questions about the lawful basis on which we are processing your personal data, please contact [email protected].
3. Website cookies and link tracking
Cookies allow us to provide important site functionality so you don’t have to re-enter lots of information. They also allow us to remember what links and pages have been clicked or viewed during a session. If you have provided us with personal data, completing a contact form, for example, we may associate this personal data with other information. This will allow us to identify and record what is most relevant to you.
By using your browser controls, you are always in control of the cookies we store and access on your computer.
4.Your GDPR rights
For UK & European residents, under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information.
- Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold.
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations,
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations.
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing.
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information.
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- Email, call or write to us.
- Let us have enough information to identify you.
- Let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- Let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom. It may take up to 48 hours for this to take place.
5. Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
6. How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
For individuals in the UK & Europe, the General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
For UK individuals, the supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone at 0303 123 1113 or other channels as updated at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published on 26/04/2023. We may change this privacy notice from time to time, so please check back here to see the latest version.
7. How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about the way in which Swingate Design LTD handles any privacy matter or the information we hold about you, please contact us at the details at the top of this notice.